- Offers care to inpatients with cardiovascular conditions
- Peri/Preoperative risk assessment for inpatients
External Consultation: (Outpatients):
- Consultations regarding cardiovascular prevention and evaluation of cardiovascular risk.
- Coronary heart disease: Diagnosis, assessment and treatment.
- Valvular heart disease: Diagnosis, assessment and treatment.
- Congenital heart disease: Diagnosis, assessment and treatment.
- Cardiac arrhythmias. The study and treatment of fainting, cardiac Insufficiencies and cardiac arrhythmias.
- Hypertension: Diagnosis, assessment, treatment and follow-up.
- Heart failure: Diagnosis, study, treatment and follow-up.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme
Non-invasive diagnostic tests
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram (Colour Doppler).
- Conventional Ergometry (Exercise test).
- Angio C.T. of the coronary arteries.
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring.
- Holter Monitor.
- Holter Monitor worn for up to 48 hours or other types of monitoring device.
- Tilt Table tests.
- Implant devices (cardiac pacemakers, cardiac resynchronisation therapy and automated implanted defibrillators, Holter insertable)
- Follow-up for patients carrying devices: pacemakers, defibrillators and resynchronisation pacemakers.
Patients with Acute Heart Conditions
- 1. Study of chest pain, including unstable angina and low-risk non-STEMI / intermediate risk.
- 2. Study of common cardiac arrhythmias: Bradyarrhythmia, Atrial fibrillation, Atrial flutter, Premature ventricular contraction. Supraventricular rhythms, leading to Heart Failure: diagnosis, study, treatment and follow-up.
- 3. Acute Decompensated heart failure: heart failure: diagnosis, study, treatment and follow-up.
- 4. Dyspnea study: Discounting structural heart disease.
- 5. Cases of Sinus bradycardia and AV block will always be attended to by a cardiologist who specialises in electrophysiology and cardiac stimulation (Dr. Zaya), if assessment indicates the need for pacemaker implantation, this may be undertaken in our centre on a scheduled basis.
- 6. Follow-up and periodic revisions of the implanted devices. Permanent pacemakers, defibrillators and resynchronisation if required.